Seymour-Screen Excellence is now shipping its Retro Masking System accessory. The Retro Masking System is a purpose-built, custom solution to add motorized 16:9 masking to all brands’ 2.40 fixed-frame film screens from 100 to 300 inches wide. The system consists of a pair of sleek housings finished in black velvet that attach to the top left and right of the screen frame. Inside each is a roll of Seymour’s sheer black acoustically transparent masking driven by a 24v DC motor. These operate in tandem via a provided wall switch (and power supply) as well as an RF remote. The system can also be upgraded to integrate with home automation systems. Regardless of size, MSRP is set at $1195, enabling enthusiasts to cost-effectively add a layer of sophistication to their home theater regardless of size or brand.
Key aspects of Retro Masking System include:
- Finely engineered solution, brings 16:9 motorized masking to any brand’s 2.40 frame
- Available as option on new Seymour-Screen Excellence fixed frame orders
- Tight tolerances between masking and screen surface prevent mask shadowing
- Proprietary fabric delivers crisp masking edges
- Black velvet covering of masking housing blends with frame
- Accommodates screens up to 300 inches wide
- Multiple control options
- Made in USA
Seymour-Screen Excellence showed the system to the CEDIA channel at 2022 Expo. There Projector Central awarded it as Best of Show, with CEDIA Expo Daily citing it a “Hot Product.” Here is a video of Chris Seymour discussing and demonstrating the system at Expo:
For more information, visit www.seymourscreenexcellence.com.