In our series of #CEDIAShares blogs, we’re talking with exhibitors about the hottest technologies and trends they’re looking to see at CEDIA Expo 2021.
Q&A with Lee Rambler, director of sales, URC.
LEE RAMBLER: URC maintains and deep commitment to CEDIA and the opportunity to gather the CI community. It provides us the opportunity to connect in-person with dealers, integration partners, press contacts and even our own team, as we are spread throughout the country servicing our local dealers. After nearly 30 years, URC plans a vital activation plan to leverage the power of CEDIA.
CEDIA provides us with the unique opportunity to engage with current and prospective dealers, showcase URC product in a 1-on-1 environment, celebrate the CI industry, and launch products and services to elevate the CI community. CEDIA is a milestone in our sales and marketing calendars as we plan our innovation and brand activation calendars. For example, we are launching several products, like our new voice-activated touch screen, URC’s new lighting product line, and new integrations across audio, video, climate, security, and outdoor brands.
What is the most exciting trend you expect to see at the show?
This is an interesting and challenging question, with many trends impacting our channel. Among the trends we expect to see at CEDIA include:
- Voice activation while maintaining and reassuring end-users of privacy
- Integration expansion across sectors
- Light commercial, sometimes dubbed “resimercial,” is a big part of our business and we see increased interest and growth in the channel
- Higher level of customization/personalization upping the luxury experience
- Higher level of performance, particularly in audio
All of the above are embraced as the commoditization of technology in the lower/middle markets will continue to force the CI channel up-market. Our goal is to help dealers differentiate themselves and give customers a good reason to step up.
What will you focus on at the show?
URC has planned several product and service launches and upgrades in time for CEDIA.
New voice activated TKP-8600 interface
- TRC-1480 voice activated handheld interface
- MRX-5 processor that allows dealers to move into personalized control and automation early and often
- URC Lighting — our smart lighting platform via Z-Wave along with integration and a universal interface for Lutron, DMX, Hue, and more
- Integrations with a variety of entertainment streaming brands, like Apple TV and Comcast Xfinity, including voice activation!
- Total Control Accelerator 3 operating system that focuses on the higher level of customization/personalization with Flex and resimercial, along with Express for an easy way to get started and give dealers a fast, vertical growth path for their techs
- Profit! It’s not a dirty word and dealers need to maximize their throughput and profitability.
- Continued handheld remote innovation in our venerable CCP line — MX-790, MX-1400
To learn more, check out URC in Booth 3612 at CEDIA Expo 2021 and visit www.urc-automation.com.