Parks Associates has announced new research showing more than one-fourth, or 28 percent, of US broadband households own a smart speaker with voice assistant. The international research firm will discuss the impact of voice technologies and other innovations on the smart home ecosystem at the 13th-annual CONNECTIONS Summit: IoT and the Smart Home on January 8 at CES 2019 in Las Vegas, concluding with a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP.
CONNECTIONS Summit features multiple sessions examining mass-market business strategies, partnership opportunities, the impact of voice on the user experience, and advances in AI and data analytics. CONNECTIONS Summit sponsors include Alarm.com, Asurion, F-Secure, Homematic IP, Minim, ROC-Connect, and Trusource Labs.
Session titles include:
- Smart Home Platforms: Providing Value through Experiences
- Special Session: Home Security and the Smart Home
- Voice-First Experience: Innovation and Disruption
- In-Home Tech Support: Creating Consumer Confidence
- Special Session: Smart Home Channels: Race among Homebuilders
- Insurance and Consumer IoT Markets: New Business Models
- Focus on the Experience: Interoperability & Integration
- Independent Living: Serving Consumers at Home
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rob Flippo, CEO, MobileHelp
- Geoff Gross, Founder & CEO, Medical Guardian, Medical Guardian
- Bernd Grohmann, EVP, eQ-3 AG
- Yuval Harry, Head, Partnerships, Hippo
- Jay Holley, Head, Partnerships, Uber Health
- David Kaiserman, President, Lennar Ventures, Lennar
- Charlie Kindel, SVP, Products & Services, Control4
- Jennifer Mallett, CEO/President, Level Up Your Home
- Lainie Muller, Director, Wellness, Alarm.com
- Sujata Neidig, VP, Marketing, Thread Group; Senior MCU Marketing Manager, NXP
- Marcus Scheiber, CEO & Co-Founder, ROC-Connect
- David Wechsler, Senior Director, Channels and Partnerships, Comcast Xfinity
- Raoul Wijgergangs, VP, GM, Z-Wave, Silicon Labs
CONNECTIONS Summit at CES is a one-day executive summit that focuses on the best business models and value propositions in the Internet of Things (IoT), the smart home, and connected and mobile CE and services. The event includes six executive sessions, two special presentations, and a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP, on January 8, the opening day of CES.
For more information, visit https://www.parksassociates.com/events/connections-summit.
For more information on Parks Associates research or events, visit www.parksassociates.com.