CEDIA’s new Cabling and Infrastructure Technician (CIT) School is now enrolling with a slate of education options targeted to entry-level residential integration technicians, people interested in changing careers, and experienced integrators looking to enhance their expertise. The rigorous coursework is available through CEDIA’s online learning platform, at its training facilities in the United States and United Kingdom, and — for the first time — a hybrid format that combines online and on-site elements.
The CIT School curriculum provides the foundational knowledge a technician needs to install cabling and infrastructure to support residential integrated communications, and entertainment systems. The training covers the basics of electricity, jobsite safety, project documentation, tools, cable, and cable properties, as well as the pre-wire and first fix phases of projects.
CIT School registration is now open and the 2021 class schedule for CIT School is below. Technicians booking a hybrid course should allow at least two weeks to complete the online component before the on-site dates:
- April 19 – 21, 2021 – CEDIA EMEA Training Centre, St Neots, UK (Hybrid)
- May 10 – 14, 2021 – CEDIA EMEA Training Centre, St Neots, UK (Fully In-Person)
- July 14 – 16, 2021 – CEDIA HQ, Fishers, IN, U.S. (Hybrid)
- 20 – 24, 2021 – CEDIA EMEA Training Centre, St Neots, UK (Fully In-Person)
- 4 – Oct. 6, 2021 – CEDIA EMEA Training Centre, St Neots, UK (Hybrid)
- 13 – Oct. 15, 2021 – CEDIA HQ, Fishers, IN, U.S. (Hybrid)
Included with the product package is a voucher for the CEDIA Certified Cabling and Infrastructure Technician exam. Certification represents competency in a defined set of knowledge and skills, adherence to the CEDIA Certification Code of Conduct, and an ongoing commitment to professional growth. Candidates for certification will submit a separate application to the Certification Commission and can schedule their proctored exam to be taken online, at a Kryterion test center or at select CEDIA events.
For more information, visit cedia.net.