Acoustic Design Systems (ADS), Las Vegas’ industry leader in commercial and residential home automation and security solutions, is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Incorporated on February 6, 2003, ADS is still owned and operated by its original founder and CEO, Christopher Sterle.
“During the past 20 years, we have learned that the key to longevity is to listen to our customers to better understand their wants and needs while keeping an eye on technology trends. After all, we know that without satisfied, happy clients we wouldn’t be where we are today,” says Sterle. “As the automation industry evolves and our company continues to grow, we remain dedicated to our core values and focusing on further developing our team, refining our processes, and diversifying our services through ongoing education and training.”
When they started ADS in 2003, Sterle and co-founder Ron Martin focused mainly on custom home theater integration and surround sound systems but eventually expanded in response to the changing needs of its customers. Now offering an extensive portfolio of commercial and residential home automation and security solutions, the company has experienced tremendous growth in the past 20 years:
- Number of projects skyrocketed — In the first year of business, ADS completed roughly 20 total jobs, compared to nearly 3300 projects in 2022, including new whole home automation systems, pre-wires, camera installations, service, alarm systems, access control and more.
- Grew staff and fleet — ADS purchased its first company vehicle in 2005, which is still on the road today. Currently it has a fleet of over 30 fully stocked service vehicles and nearly 60 employees.
- Partnered with large-scale community homebuilders — In addition to working with private custom builders and homeowners, ADS began working with large-scale community homebuilders in 2006 and has been focused on growing those partnerships where it can work closely with new homebuyers to design and customize smart home systems, pre-wire, and install automation solutions to fit their personal lifestyle. ADS realized that home automation and technology is not just for luxury homes, it’s for every home, and it strives to cater to all budgets.
- Established luxury homebuilder relationships — This year alone, ADS has grown its partnerships to include Christopher Homes’ SkyVu at Macdonald Highlands, Landon Miller Homes, and Blue Heron’s Stonewater luxury community in Las Vegas. Additionally, it has partnered with several boutique custom home builders and developers in Las Vegas.
- Expanding outside of Las Vegas — For nearly the past 10 years, ADS has been the exclusive home automation and security partner for Toll Brothers in Las Vegas, which includes dozens of communities across the valley. Currently, ADS is working with 17 of the builder’s active luxury communities. New this year, ADS expanded outside of Las Vegas for the first time, opening a satellite office to service all five of Toll Brothers’ luxury home communities in St. George, Utah, consisting of 565 homes, 12 models, a sales center, and a design center.
- Recognized as industry leaders — Over the past two decades, ADS executives have been sought after as thought leaders offering their expertise to colleagues within the industry. Just last week, Acoustic Design System’s vice president of sales and marketing, Amanda Crigar, spoke at the National Association of Home Builders of the United States (NAHB) International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas. Crigar was interviewed by Melissa Andresko, chief corporate brand ambassador for Lutron Electronics, to share her knowledge during a panel session titled “The Growing Opportunity with Smart Home: What You Need to Know (and When to Call in the Experts).”
Since 2021, ADS has been a member of Home Technology Specialists of America (HTSA). The company also earned luxury certification from Home Technology Association (HTA). ADS has been recognized by a variety of technology partners, earning preferred status as a Sony Diamond Dealer, Vantage Lighting & Shades Platinum Dealer, Sonos Platinum Dealer, Samsung Platinum, and is a Control4 Circle of Excellence Award Winner. In addition, Crigar was honored as part of Commercial Integrator’s 40 Professionals Under 40 Class of 2021 and ADS has earned a spot on the Las Vegas Review Journal’s Best of Las Vegas list in 2021 and 2022 in the Home Security Category.
The ADS leadership team is actively involved in several local and industry organizations, including CEDIA, CEA, BBB, Southern Nevada Home Builders Association, Professional Women in Building of Southern Nevada, and the Henderson Chamber of Commerce. Sterle is a former member of the National Advisory Board for SnapAV, now Snap One.
For more information, visit www.ADSLV.com