Carmel, IN - Schlage, manufacturer of the LiNK keypad lock/home-management system, has announced availability of the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat, which enables LiNK owners to remotely monitor and control home cooling and heating from any computer and most web-enabled mobile phones, including Apple's iPhone and RIM's BlackBerry.
Available in select Lowe's stores and on Lowes.com, the Trane thermostat is the latest accessory for the Schlage LiNK System, which lets homeowners remotely lock/unlock and monitor entry to doors equipped with Schlage's wireless keypad locks as well as monitor and control Schlage network cameras and a variety of Z-Wave-enabled devices, including Schlage light modules and the new thermostat.
"With the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat, owners of the Schlage LiNK System will now be able to conveniently monitor and control their cooling and heating systems even when they're away from home," said Dwight Gibson, general manager, intelligent residential electronics, for Ingersoll Rand, the parent company of Schlage. "The thermostat offers a number of practical features that will help homeowners actively manage energy use to conserve gas and electric and reduce utility bills."
Features of the Trane thermostat include:
- Programmable for seven days with up to four settings per day
- Energy saving schedule that can reduce energy consumption up to 15 percent, when compared with non-programmable thermostats (accessible on a cell phone or computer via the Schlage LiNK portal)
- Ability to receive maintenance reminders via text or e-mail
- Energy Star compliant and FCC approved
- Compatible with all brands of central heating, cooling and heat-pump systems
- Powered by 24Vac from HVAC system
- Graphical LCD screen with blue/white backlighting
- Dimensions: 5.7 x 4 x 1.2 (w x h x d) inches
- Retail price: $149
Schlage wireless deadbolts and locks eliminate the need to carry or circulate keys, allowing homeowners to enter a four-digit code on the lock's keypad or grant access remotely via a computer or mobile phone (a data plan is necessary to access the password-protected Schlage LiNK Web and mobile interface). The Schlage LiNK System also lets homeowners:
- Receive e-mail or text notifications when specific user codes are entered on the lock's keypad, providing peace of mind for working parents with latchkey kids
- Set up temporary entry codes for day workers, such as a plumber
- Access a 90-day log showing who accessed the lock at what times and on which days.
The Schlage LiNK System Starter Kit includes one Schlage wireless deadbolt or lock, a Schlage Bridge, an Ethernet cable, necessary batteries and one Schlage Light Module. The Bridge connects to the home's existing router and uses Z-Wave wireless technology to transmit data to the wireless lock. Installing the Schlage LiNK System is a straightforward process that typically requires only a screwdriver and no additional wiring. Additional Schlage wireless deadbolts and locks are sold separately and finish options include bright brass, satin nickel and aged bronze.
Retail price of the Schlage LiNK Starter Kit is $299 and additional Schlage wireless deadbolts or locks are $199 each. There is also a $12.99 monthly subscription fee for 24-hour access to the Schlage LiNK online and mobile interfaces, which make it possible to remotely control a variety of Z-Wave devices.