Qualcomm Technologies International has announced two new ultra-low power wireless audio platforms — Qualcomm S5 Sound Platform (QCC517x) and Qualcomm S3 Sound Platform (QCC307x) with support for Snapdragon Sound technology. These optimized platforms are dual-mode, combining traditional Bluetooth wireless audio and the latest LE Audio technology standard.
“We can deliver the ultimate wireless sound experience Utilizing Snapdragon 8 mobile platform, Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 and newly announced 7800 subsystem, and Snapdragon Sound technology. For example, in addition to being the first to deliver Lossless audio, we’ve added ultra-low latency gaming mode with in-game chat, and the ability for earbuds to record content in stereo sound, which will add huge value for a new generation of creators,” says James Chapman, vice president and general manager, Voice, Music & Wearables, Qualcomm Technologies International. “In these tiny platforms, we integrated our Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation in a dedicated hardware block, and as a result are bringing substantial noise cancellation improvements, to whatever is in a listener’s earbud.”
The new platforms offer audio OEMs broad flexibility for device customization at a range of tiers, unlocking new design opportunities for audio devices that support:
- Snapdragon Sound technology with support for:
- 16-bit/44.1 kHz CD Lossless Bluetooth audio quality
- 24-bit/96 kHz high resolution Bluetooth audio quality
- 32 kHz super wideband voice call quality for crystal clear calls
- Stereo recording for creators, enabling recorded content with stereo sound
- Robust connectivity even in very busy RF environments
- Gaming mode, with 68ms low latency audio and voice back channel
- Dual-mode, low-power optimized integration of LE Audio for audio sharing and broadcasting
- Multipoint Bluetooth wireless connectivity, for virtually seamless and convenient transitions between source devices
- Qualcomm’s third-generation Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation, with natural leak-through capability
The wide range of user experiences are underpinned by an enhanced platform architecture that achieves double the compute capability compared to our previous generation wireless audio platforms, with no compromise to ultra-low power performance.
Learn more about Snapdragon Sound, visit https://www.qualcomm.com/products/features/snapdragon-sound.