Tripp Lite has introduced network-grade PDUs with a built-in Gigabit Ethernet switch, a market first, according to the company. These PDU Ethernet Switch Combos merge a PDU and unmanaged network switch into a single 1U device, saving IT managers valuable rack space.
The NSU-G16 offers eight outlets and sixteen Gigabit Ethernet ports, while the NSU-G24C2 features twelve outlets and twenty-four Gigabit Ethernet ports. Both models have green Ethernet technology, which detects the length of a connected network cable and adjusts power consumption accordingly. They are ideal for server rooms, network closets, applications using wall-mount network cabinets and any environment where rack space is at a premium.
“We’re excited to introduce our new PDU Ethernet Switch Combos,” said David Posner, Tripp Lite Product Manager. “They will help every IT manager accomplish what is always asked of them: Do more with existing rack space.”
Key Features and Benefits:
• Saves space by combining an 8- or 12- outlet PDU and 16- or 24-port unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch into a single 1U device
• Green Ethernet technology turns off inactive ports and detects cable lengths to optimize power usage
• 24-port model features two Mini-GBIC/SFP ports for optical network uplink to additional units
• 8K address MAC address table
• Support for jumbo frames up to 9216 bytes