Netgear has launched the cloud-managed Netgear S3600 Series Smart Switches, joining the company’s portfolio of switches designed to meet the growing demands for faster networking that today’s businesses require. The S3600 Series includes the 8-Port 10G/Multi-Gigabit (XS508TM) and 16-Port 10G/Multi-Gigabit (XS516TM) that provide flexible and auto-adaptive wired connectivity of high-bandwidth devices.
The growing networking demands of high-bandwidth applications and devices in the workplace often result in connectivity drops, slow speeds, bottlenecks, lagging content streaming, and slow downloads. The S3600 Series of Smart Switches addresses these issues head-on and enables business owners to connect devices and instantly give each device exactly the speed it needs — either 1G, 2.5G, 5G, or 10G.
The XS508TM and XS516TM are the latest additions to Netgear’s Total Network Solution, joining the recently announced PR60X Pro Router, Pro Wi-Fi Access Points, and Insight cloud management platform, helping businesses take advantage of the latest networking connectivity all from a single vendor.
The S3600 includes intuitive web management that streamlines initial configuration for rapid onboarding at the access layer of your network. It features 2 x 10G SFP+ Fiber uplink ports, perfect for a local 10G server or for uplink aggregation to the business’s network core. Additionally, the S3600 provides advanced Smart switch features such as IPv6 Layer 2+/3 static routing, DiffServ QoS policies, LACP, broadcast/multicast/unicast control, DHCP, and more to satisfy even the most advanced medium-to-large business needs.
While the built-in user interface is included to give business owners full control over configuration, setting up and managing the switch is made convenient through the Netgear Insight cloud management platform. Insight provides comprehensive remote configuration and troubleshooting for Netgear Pro Routers, Pro Wi-Fi Access Points, and Smart Cloud Managed Switches.
Furthermore, Netgear stands behind the product’s reliability with a Limited Lifetime warranty and 24/7 technical support.
Additional technical specifications include:
- 8 or 16 x 10G/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet ports for flexible and auto-adaptive wired connectivity of high bandwidth devices — Connect devices instantly and give each device exactly the speed they need: 1G, 2.5G, 5G, or 10G, automatically.
- Non-blocking switching with 200 Gbps (XS508TM) or 360 Gbps (XS516TM) line rate fabric — Get all the connectivity you want to your devices across all ports of 10G/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet plus two 10G SFP+ fiber uplink ports (1G/10GBASE-X fiber SFP+), without congestion and in full duplex mode.
- Configurable L2/L2+ network features (VLANs, Rapid Spanning Tree, IGMP Snooping/Querier/Fast Leave, and more) — Intuitive web management streamlines initial configuration for rapid onboarding at the access layer of your network.
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention — Detects, defends, mitigates, and protects against possible DoS attacks targeting your business, like a faulty device flooding your network.
- SNMP v1, v2c, v3 and RMON remote monitoring — Can take full advantage of a central SNMP management tool.
- Netgear Insight Cloud management ready — Remote/Cloud management and monitoring enabled. Activate the Insight Management Option through the GUI – 1-Year Insight subscription is included.
- Smart Command-Line Interface (CLI) — Text view management interface that enables users to manage all network devices on a single pane of glass.
- Port mirroring for network monitoring — Lets you transport network packets captured on one or several ports across the switch to a destination on another port with a sniffer.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings — Latest energy-saving abilities including per-port automatic lower power mode when the port link is down or idle.
- Quiet rackmount, wall mount, or desktop operation — Temperature-based fan-speed control minimizes system acoustic noise with max 28.63 dBA at 25 degrees C (77 degrees F) ambient.
The Netgear S3600 Series Smart Switch is available in the U.S. now on Netgear.com:
- XS508TM for $999.99
- XS516TM for $1599.99
A 1-year subscription of Netgear Insight Cloud Management is included with purchase.
For more information, visit netgear.com.