Focal has announced its 1000 Series range of in-wall and in-ceiling speaker and subwoofer options. Made in France in Focal’s specialist workshops, the 1000 Series offers what the company calls “the ultimate discreet alternative to traditional hi-fi and home cinema setups.”
- Use of flagship speaker technologies — including Beryllium tweeters and ‘W’ cones —as featured on Focal Utopia home speaker range.
- Allows for combination of Focal’s traditional and integrated speakers.
- Flexible design: Wall speakers feature adjustable driver — angle them in any direction toward the optimum listening position.
- Ceiling speakers use Focal’s patented ‘Easy Quick Install’ system, for tool-free integration.
- Scalable subwoofer integration: Wall speakers can be paired with one, two, four, or six subwoofers (while using only one channel of amplification), to match the room size and SPL levels desired. Speakon cables provided for speaker/sub connectivity.
- Magnetic, ready-to-paint speaker grilles.
- In-ceiling speaker models use the same form factors as Focal 300 Series, allowing for install upgrades.
Models in the 1000 Series include:
1000 IWLCR Utopia: In-wall speaker with Utopia technology. Features Focal’s flagship Beryllium tweeter, four 6.5-inch W bass drivers and two 3-inch midrange “M” profile W drivers. Adjustable (±15 degrees) to suit optimum listening position. Pair with up to six 1000 IWSUB Utopia subwoofers for an integrated home cinema experience. U.S. pricing $7499.
1000 IWSUB Utopia: In-wall closed subwoofer with Utopia technology. This two-part design — each featuring three 6.5-inch W bass drivers — is capable of reproducing controlled bass. U.S. pricing $2799.
1000 IWLCR6: Three-way in-wall speaker for high-end home cinema performance. Designed for Left, Right, Center or surround channel, the mids/tweeter section can tilt (±15 degrees) to target the listening position. It can also be rotated 90 degrees and used as a dedicated center-channel speaker. U.S. pricing $2699.
1000 IW6: Two-way in-wall speaker for home cinema. Ideal for front or surround effects in smaller rooms. US pricing $1,799.
1000 ICLCR5: Three-way angled in-ceiling speaker (56 degrees for tweeter and midrange) — designed for home cinema installations with no back wall. Mids/tweeter section is adjustable to target the listening position (±30 degrees). Easy Quick Install technology for tool-free installation. Same form factor as Focal 300 Series, making upgrades easier. U.S. pricing $2199.
1000 ICW6: In-ceiling speaker. Easy Quick Install technology for tool-free installation. Same form factor as Focal 300 Series, making upgrades easier. U.S. pricing $1099.
1000 ICA6: In-ceiling speaker with 35-degree angle for maximum sound positioning and adjustment. Easy Quick Install technology for tool-free installation. U.S. pricing $1099.
The Focal 1000 Series will be available in the U.S. by the end of February 2021. For more information, visit https://www.focal.com/us/custom-commercial-integration/collection.