Sound United has announced its latest firmware update for Marantz and Denon AV receivers (AVRs). With this update, home theater enthusiasts will enjoy DTX:Pro for 13-channel decoding of DTS:X/IMAX DTS:X content, and DTS Neural:X capability has been expanded up to 13 channels. The update also enables Denon AVR-X8500H and Marantz AV8805 to support Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization technology, Front Wide speakers for Dolby Surround playback. The popular Dolby Center Spread functionality will be restored on the 2019 and 2020 AVR models. The firmware updates impact each AVR differently based on channel count and hardware-specific architecture.
- DTS:X Pro (Denon AVR-X6700H and Marantz SR8015 as well as the Denon AVR-X8500H, AVR-A110 and the Marantz AV8805)
- Dolby Center Spread feature (2019 and 2020 AVR lineup)
- Dolby Surround Front Wide support (Denon AVR-X8500H and Marantz AV8805)
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology (Denon AVR-X8500H and the Marantz AV8805)
- DTS Neural:X capability on Dolby content for 2019 AVR lineup (2020 lineup supports it out of box)
- 180Hz crossover settings
- New crossover settings for IMAX (80Hz for the speakers + sub and 120Hz for LFE)
- Screen Saver function for 2020 AVR lineup
- Power-up volume level default fix for 2020 AVR lineup
- MPEG-H 3D Audio support on select 2020 Denon and Marantz premium AVRs sold in Europe, Asia and China
For more information, visit https://www.soundunited.com/.