SnapAV has announced enhancements to Control4 Smart Home OS 3. This release includes expanded voice control capability through the Google Assistant, integration with third-party smart doorbells through Intercom Anywhere, and a new high-availability automation controller to power large homes.
With Control4 OS 3, homeowners can choose from tens of thousands of devices to create a system that suits their lifestyle and preferences. Integration with Google Assistant adds to the variety of capabilities that Control4 supports for natural control interfaces, including the Control4 App, handheld remote, wall keypads, touch screens, and more. The integration is compatible with any Google Assistant-powered speaker or smart display, such as a Google Home Hub, or any smartphone with the Assistant. Homeowners can add Google Assistant to their system on their own and can customize their voice experience via customer.control4.com.
Connecting homeowners with both welcome and unwelcome guests on their front porch via audio and video calls is quickly becoming a staple in smart homes. With the latest release of OS 3, Control4 Intercom Anywhere expands support for popular third-party doorbells. Smart home professionals can integrate support IP-based video doorbells into a Control4 system and use Intercom Anywhere to make and receive calls from Control4 touch screens, mobile devices, and more. Intercom Anywhere now also supports multi-family installations, where a centralized doorbell can be used by multiple housing units, to direct a call to the appropriate tenant.
Designed for large installations where redundancy and high-availability are required to meet customer expectations, the CA-10 controller delivers four times the processing power and memory of the EA-5 controller for consistent performance, even when controlling thousands of devices. The EA-5 includes redundant power supplies, network ports, sold state drives, and fans, ensuring continuous operation even in the rare case of a hardware failure. When a pre-programmed fail-over event occurs, the dealer is automatically notified, allowing them to immediately troubleshoot the issue. The Control4 CA-10 is available now through Control4 Authorized Dealers at $4000 U.S. MSRP and includes a five-year warranty.
Other Control4 OS 3 enhancements now available include:
- Push notifications with camera snapshot: For enhanced security, homeowners can now receive push notifications with a snapshot from security cameras on their smartphone in systems using Control4 OS 3 and 4Sight along with Luma and Visualint cameras.
- More powerful Media Sessions: Music control is enhanced with new capabilities on the Media Sessions screen including room-level volume control, mute, and transport controls.
- On-screen lighting control: Homeowners can now control their lights and lighting scenes from the TV on-screen interface, quickly switching from a single room view to viewing all lighting devices in the system.
- Pinch, zoom, and pan camera view: Pinch and zoom camera control is now available on the T3 Touch Screen, Android and iOS mobile devices, and panning the image can be done with a single finger swipe.
- Composer Pro version independence: Composer Pro 3.1 is the one version needed to manage all projects 3.0 and higher, replacing Composer 3.0.
For more information, visit www.control4.com.