MartinLogan unveiled a hybrid electrostatic speaker, the Renaissance ESL 15A, at CES 2016. The Renaissance ESL 15A features 15-inch Curvilinear Line Source (CLS) XStat vacuum-bonded electrostatic transducers, with MicroPerf stator technology, and redesigned ultra-rigid AirFrame construction. The speaker packs laser-engineered low-distortion aluminum cone woofers in a compact enclosure, powered by dual 500-watt Class-D amplifiers controlled by a 24-Bit Vojtko DSP Engine and ARC (Anthem Room Correction), available in ten designer finishes.
This is the first MartinLogan speaker equipped with the proprietary ARC technology.
ARC measures sound output in your room and compares it to optimal response curves that account for spatial anomalies. The algorithms of ARC then effectively remove the anomalies, leaving only the ideal standard: transparent, natural-sounding performance in the listening space.
• Two 12-inch Laser-Engineered Low Distortion Aluminum Cone Woofers in a sealed enclosure
• 15-inch Wide Curvilinear Line Source (CLS) Electrostatic Panel
• Powered Force-Forward Bass Technology
• Anthem Room Correction (ARC)
• Dual 500-Watt Class-D Amplification with 24-Bit Vojtko Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engine
• Vojtko Crossovers
• WBT Binding Posts
The Renaissance ESL 15A will be available in ten designer finishes, pricing starts around $25,000 USD per pair and will start shipping in Spring 2016.