Honeywell has released a number of updates to its Total Connect 2.0 platform to help security dealers provide a better user experience, stay competitive, and drive more recurring monthly revenue. The enhancements allow consumers use mobile devices to remotely control security and automation functions, view live video, stay informed with real-time alerts, and track vehicles and assets via GPS technology.
The Honeywell Total Connect platform allows users to remotely control security and automation functions, view live video, stay informed with real-time alerts, and track vehicles and assets via GPS technology.“In today’s mobile society, people are busier than ever,” said Alice DeBiasio, general manager for Honeywell Total Connect. “So we focused on key areas of usability to make it easy for customers to manage their systems in a way that revolves around their lives. The Smart Scenes, for example, are so intuitive users can set scenes to personalize their environment without any training. Enhancements like tool tips, the refreshed interface and auto-syncing all make Honeywell Total Connect easier to use, easier to sell, and provide dealers with more opportunity for RMR.”
Platform enhancements include:
- Smart Scene Wizards: An intuitive wizard guides users through each step when configuring scenes for energy savings, ambiance and convenience—reducing training time, delivering a better user experience and helping consumers make the most of their connected homes and businesses. This feature is supported on the iPhone, iPad, Android, and web via Internet Explorer 10+ or higher.
- Expanded Test Drive Demo: The Test Drive demo, which lets dealers simulate a “live” experience of the platform right on a user’s iPhone without the need for Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity, has been expanded to support iPad and Android devices. It also contains tool tips—informative pop-ups that accompany and explain each feature. It’s an excellent sales tool and an easy way to familiarize consumers with the features and benefits of Honeywell Total Connect.
- New Interface: The sleek new interface is cleaner and more modern looking. It’s intuitive and easy to operate, with a common user interface that makes operation easier and familiar across all platforms. It is available in four languages: English, Latin American Spanish, French Canadian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Smart Auto-Syncing: Honeywell Total Connect auto-syncs with the LYNX Touch 7000, 5200 and 5100 Control Systems—greatly simplifying operation when adding or removing sensors, users, and Z-Wave devices or rules. Panel changes occur automatically within seconds.
- Touch ID: The platform supports Touch ID, an easy, highly secure feature from Apple that uses customers’ fingerprints to act as their passcodes when logging into the iOS app. It works on iPhone 5S, 6, 6Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3, and is supported on iOS 8+.