A new Parks Associates report highlights the importance of interoperability, as 60 percent of U.S. broadband households planning to buy a smart home product heavily favor solutions that work with the devices they already own. Among smart speaker owners planning to buy a smart home product, 64 percent want a device that works with their smart speaker. Race to Control the Smart Home Ecosystem: Attracting Partners also reports that purchase intentions for smart home products overall have increased from 35 percent in 2016 to 43 percent at the end of 2018, a 23 percent increase in two years.
The report notes that smart speakers continue to shape the smart home experience for users by providing a simple and intuitive way for them to control and interact with other devices in the home. Parks Associates will address these key issues at its 23rd-annual CONNECTIONS: The Premier Connected Home Conference, May 21-23, 2019, in multiple sessions, including:
- Interoperability: Technology Convergence and Expanding the Smart Home
- Retailer Strategies and Smart Home Merchandising
- Smart Home: Standalone Devices versus Whole Home Systems
- Voice: Gateway to Connected Home Use Cases
Speakers from leading companies will address new strategies creating a seamless experience for consumers, the changes voice has made on the smart home concept, and the impact of standalone devices versus whole system purchases on mass-market adoption. Speakers include:
- Avi Barel, Director, Business Development, ULE Alliance
- Alex Capecelatro, CEO, Josh.ai
- Charles Cheevers, CTO, ARRIS representing Wi-Fi Alliance
- Dan DiClerico, Home Expert & Smart Home Strategist, HomeAdvisor
- Kristi Ebong, SVP, Strategy and GM, Orbita, Inc.
- Aaron Emigh, CEO and Founder, Brilliant
- David Friedman, CEO, Ayla
- Pete Horton, VP, Market Development, Electrical Wiring Systems Division, Legrand
- Linus Lundberg, Google Home + Nest Business Development, Google
- Soren Lorentsen, Director, Global Business Development, SmartHome IoT, Silicon Labs
- Katelyn Mason, Strategic Partner Development, Google Assistant
- Elizabeth Mathes, Director, Smart Home, The Home Depot
- Kathleen O’Hara, VP and GM, ServiceLive
- Adam Sand, CEO, Shopkick
- Matt Swatsky, VP, Residential Mid-Market Business, Lutron
- Paul Williams, GM, Product Management & Growth, GE Lighting
For more information, visit www.connectionsus.com.