The Cinema Designer (TCD) is a leading software tool for home cinema design, used by home cinema design professionals worldwide. Since early 2022, when ownership of the software returned to its original creators, the TCD team has been working to create a ground-up redesign. The company has announced that TCD 2.0 launches on March 17, 2023.
New features and enhanced functionality in TCD 2.0 include:
- New 3D model to build your cinema environment
- New bass and model waveforms to show where those nulls and room modes will occur
- Interactive speaker layouts that move in real-time with the MLP location
- New database features allow users to add their own products for each design.
- New VR viewer inside the browser window in real-time
- New CABS (double bass array) features
- New acoustic treatment placement (within predetermined zones for absorption, diffusion, reflection, and bass management) (due April 2023)
- New TCD pro features — these features are for content creation spaces and production studios (due April 2023)
- Performance facts — allows manufacturers to add deep-dive technical data about their products
Over the coming weeks, Guy Singleton, creator of TCD, will host online training webinars for users of the tool. Aimed at small groups, Singleton will introduce participants to the tool’s workflow, with a focus on the new features. The sessions are being filled on a first-come, first-served basis and are filling up quickly. (To sign up for a session, users should email [email protected])
“TCD is committed to providing our users with the most advanced and intuitive tool for home cinema design,” says Singleton. “These new features are the result of our extensive redesign, and we believe they will make the home cinema design process even more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable for our users.”
For more information, visit thecinemadesigner.com.