AVAD LLC has expanded the residential video product offerings available from TiVo Inc., a leader in advanced television services and the creator of digital video recorders (DVRs), with the addition of the TiVo Roamio series of DVRs, the all-in-one approach to live, recorded, on-demand and over-the-top television that gives consumers what they want on any screen, wherever they are.
All three TiVo Roamio models, the TiVo Roamio, TiVo Roamio Plus and TiVo Roamio Pro, are in stock and now shipping.
Offering cable subscribers the complete package of entertainment programming and playback features, the TiVo Roamio combines leading edge features available in video platforms and content sharing devices to deliver new programming to a variety of devices and platforms anywhere an internet signal is accessible. Featuring four or six tuners, the Roamio is available in three model options that offer up to 450 hours of HD content storage.
“At a time when great video content and wireless accessibility are more prevalent than ever, TiVo Roamio presents a rich feature set that enhances the customer experience in the residential video product category,” said Jim Annes, vice president and general manager of AVAD. “Residential AV integrators can replace existing entertainment peripherals with this whole-home DVR solution that is every bit as able to program preferences, monitor activities and access content as many of the leading solutions in the market.”
TiVo Roamio benefits from hardware improvements to speed, performance and functionality to provide faster convenient access to popular content networks Netflix, Hulu and YouTube as well as cable programming. An improved personalized dashboard gives the user quick access to favorite channels along with tailored suggestions of programming that are recommended based on viewing history.
Extending the personal entertainment experience to multiple users, TiVo Roamio delivers content to multiple televisions and mobile devices on any home network. Each user can further fine tune their preferences by searching for programming by year, actor, genre or award winners with the press of a single button. Additionally, updated search features allow each user to conveniently find entertainment across multiple channels and networks, including streaming and video-on-demand services.
TiVo Roamio product features include:
· “What to Watch Now” on the DVR provides an instantaneous personalized dashboard that immediately shows users the best programming available… right now. Quickly browse through the best sporting events, top 20 shows in that time slot.*
· Coming very soon, out-of-home streaming will allow subscribers to stream TV and recorded shows to iPads or iPhones. The built-in TiVo Stream feature allows users to connect to their Roamio over Wi-Fi and watch recordings and cable channels almost anywhere.**
· New look and feel interface offers updated HD screens and fonts with nearly twice the performance. Browse and Search content even faster.
· For users who just want a great channel guide, Roamio offers guide filters to quickly break down the options into only content they want to see. Users can choose to browse the guide by something as simple as Movies or Sports, or as specific as romantic comedies.
· All new application platform — leveraging the new HTML 5 platform to support our apps, the TiVo Roamio runs the latest version of YouTube and Netflix with more on the way. The new platform will enable faster, more frequent additions to the TiVo platform.
· An improved remote will boast an RF connection, allowing Roamio to be placed behind closed cabinets or in another room altogether — no line of sight is needed to operate TiVo. Still, the remote retains the capability of learning commands to control all other equipment, allowing for the true one-remote solution.
· Anywhere there is an Internet connection, users have the ability to manage their DVR with your phone or tablet. The updated free TiVo mobile app available for tablets and smartphones (iOS and Android) offers remote Season Pass management, a recording scheduler that allows you to add or remove recordings and enhanced WishList management.
· TiVo Mini software has been updated to include Netflix and “dynamic tuning” to maximize the value of Roamio’s capacity. This feature allows all of Roamio’s tuners to be used for recording when they aren’t actually streaming content to another screen. It’s the ultimate whole-home DVR experience.
*A one year monthly TiVo service or product lifetime subscription is required and sold separately. Cable and streaming services subscription required for Cable and web-delivered programming, and are not included in TiVo service subscription. Additional fees may apply for other broadband content. Broadband programming sources subject to availability and may change without notice.
** Streaming is restricted to a limited number of devices owned by the TiVo subscriber. Due to content provider restrictions, not all content can be streamed out of home and some content may only be streamed while a mobile device is on the same local network as the subscriber’s DVR. Mobile devices sold separately.
TiVo Roamio products are now available at all AVAD branch locations.