Hubitat, Inc. has announced a significant software upgrade for its Hubitat Elevation home automation platform that features an enhanced user interface with security and new device integrations, including Google Assistant.
Hubitat Elevation is a home automation hub that combines the advantages of local processing with the power of cloud IoT connectivity. Users can create and control personalized environments using Hubitat’s customizable rules engine, Rule Machine. Hubitat’s new software has expanded the platform’s portfolio to support popular digital assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
The software upgrade adds several new apps, including:
- Lock Code Manager – A central app to manage user codes for all compatible locks
- Yeelight App – A direct integration of Yeelight products which allows for native discovery and local control
- Groups and Scenes – Allows users to combine devices to set scenes and control them based on time of day, modes and triggers
Additional Hubitat Elevation software enhancements include:
- Updated Hubitat Web Interface – Provides easier access to device data; improved app interface and optimization for mobile browsers
- Password Protected Access to Hubitat Web Interface – Ensures rule creation and settings are accessible via username and password only
- Integrated Documentation – Context-aware online help and documentation is available in the Hubitat Web Interface, along with developer and user documentation at docs.hubitat.com
- Past Logs Information – Apps and Device logs can be accessed in real time or via the new “Past Logs,” which provides the ability to review recent events, and the ability to search logs
Hubitat Elevation is compatible with standard smart home protocols, including Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Lutron. It also works with LAN and cloud-connected home automation devices via Ethernet, including Amazon Echo, Google Home, Philips Hue Bridge, Sonos, and more.
For more information, visit hubitat.com.