Orlando, FL — Control4 has announced the 2009 In Control Tour. Now in its fifth year, Control4’s annual dealer road show offers direct access to top executives from Control4 and its partners, as well as helpful technical tips that can be applied to most installations. Event attendees are eligible for 2.0 CEDIA University Credits and will receive a certificate of completion. Sponsoring this year’s Control4 In Control Tour are Card Access, Inc. and Hughes Satellite.
“Past tours have proven successful for both Control4 and dealers because we’ve adopted a format that doesn’t require a huge time or cost commitment,” said Eric Smith, chief technology officer of Control4. “In addition, we get valuable feedback from our dealers to improve our dealer support and product offering.”
The contributions of the Tour’s sponsors also add to the overall value for attending dealers. By inviting sponsors on the tour, Control4 continues to demonstrate its commitment to making the Control4 Platform the ideal choice for dealers and manufacturers. “Control4’s proactive approach to making its platform open to complementary products makes it an ideal partner in the home automation market,” said Kip Meacham, vice president of marketing at Card Access, Inc.
“Participating in previous tours has helped us demonstrate to dealers how they can expand Control4 home automation while increasing their margins.” The 2009 In Control Tour includes stops in the following locations:
* Fremont, California on Wednesday, May 13, 2009
* Long Beach, California on Wednesday, May 20, 2009
* Atlanta, Georgia on Wednesday, June 3, 2009
* Boston, Massachusetts on Friday, June 5, 2009
* Westchester, New York on Wednesday, June 10, 2009
* Seattle, Washington on Wednesday, June 24, 2009
* Salt Lake City, Utah on Thursday, June 25, 2009
* Raleigh, North Carolina on Wednesday, July 1, 2009
* Toronto, Canada on Wednesday, July 15, 2009
* Calgary, Canada on Friday, July 17, 2009
* Dallas, Texas on Tuesday, July 21, 2009
* Chicago, Illinois on Wednesday, July 29, 2009
* Denver, Colorado on Wednesday, August 12, 2009
“Last year’s tour was a great resource for increasing my knowledge of the Control4 system, including technical skills and tips I implemented immediately resulting in increased revenue,” said Steve Hunter, The Hunter Group. “I also appreciated the opportunity to meet Control4’s leadership team in person and share my feedback.”
The morning is dedicated to technical tips designed for Control4 Dealers and Installers already familiar with the Control4 product line and installation procedures. Eric Smith, CTO will lead an in-depth training focused on:
* Configuring networks for high speed data services, like video distribution.
* No New Wire Networking devices using Home Plug and MOCA.
* An overview of different video compression technologies including MPEG2, MPEG4, and h.264.
* An introduction to the DLNA specification and its practical uses.
* An introduction to writing Flash-based widgets for control systems.
* An overview of the LUA programming language.
* Control system programming using timing objects.
* Order of execution issues (understand interrupts) in control systems.
In addition, members of the Control4 leadership team including Glen Mella, President & COO, John Yoon, VP of Marketing, Jim Arnold, VP of Sales, and Paul Williams, VP of Support Services, will provide workshop-style training that covers best business practices for custom integrators in sales, marketing, finance and installation with an emphasis on retrofit, referral sales and large home deployments. Presenters will also emphasize how Control4 can help dealers’ businesses weather the current economic storm with innovated solutions that are easy-to-install, easy-to-use and affordable.
Visit www.control4.com/InControlTour to register.