Crestron has announced a new strategic partnership with Domotz, Inc. The seamless integration of the Domotz suite of products with Crestron smart home systems will empower Crestron residential systems integrators to remotely monitor their customers’ systems and better assist them, while reducing support costs and improving operational efficiencies. Crestron will be selling the Domotz Box solution directly to residential dealers, simplifying the ordering process and enabling them to take advantage of Crestron shipping benefits.
The Domotz and Crestron solution includes the Domotz Pro Mobile app, Domotz Cloud, and Domotz Network Agent. It enables integrators to remotely: view all Crestron and third-party devices live on the network; monitor network performance in real-time; receive customizable alerts and reports; detect and troubleshoot network and IP device problems in real-time and preemptively resolve them; power devices on/off or reboot; make programming and configuration changes; and perform network diagnostics, maintenance and upgrades.
“The ability to stay on top of their clients’ systems, and diagnose issues and preemptively resolve them without having to open complicated VPNs or ports or roll trucks, is a game-changer for our residential dealers. It makes the Domotz Box a must-have for every project,” says John Clancy, vice president, residential at Crestron. “This unique partnership also creates new sales opportunities for our dealers, with the ability to offer a more robust and deeply integrated solution than ever before. We couldn’t be more excited about it.”
Additional benefits of the Domotz and Crestron solution include:
- Compatibility with Crestron Home and custom programmed systems
- Power cycling – PoE switch power (PC-200 and PC-300 for AC power controlled devices)
- Ability to remotely connect to and program Crestron devices
- Access and visibility to all devices on the network
- ONVIF camera support for remote visibility of security cameras
- VLAN, Subnet and external host monitoring
- Advanced alerting on network speed tests and device sensors (SNMP)