Platinum Tools has launched the new shielded Cat6A/7 RJ45 (8P8C) modular connector (part number 106240). The new connector is now available.
“Our new shielded Cat6A/7 RJ45 modular connector is designed to terminate round solid or stranded, 28 – 26 AWG, Cat6A/7 network cable,” says John Phillips, Platinum Tools, Inc. product manager. “The connector contains 3-prong contacts that hold the wire in place, giving a reliable connection, and meets and exceeds 10Gig performance standards.”
Additional features and specifications include:
- Cable jacket outer diameter size range: 0.224 in. – 0.335 in. (5.7mm – 8.5mm)
- Insulation diameter (conductor) size range: 0.037 in. – 0.041 in. (0.94mm – 1.05mm)
- Designed for both shielded and unshielded cabling
- Compatible with Cat7, Cat6A, Cat6E, and Cat6
- Meets ANSI/EIA/TIA/TAA specifications
- Round solid and stranded, 28–26 AWG
- Shielded connector, external ground
- 3-prong, 50-micron, gold-plated contacts
- 3 piece with liner and spacer bar
- UL and RoHS/FCC compliant
- Color: clear/transparent
- Compatible crimp tool: Tele-Titan Xg 2.0 crimp tool (part number 12516C)
For more information, visit www.platinumtools.com.