McIntosh has announced its MX180 AV processor that features advanced customization and processing capabilities that are designed to allow for full enjoyment of today’s 4K video plus tomorrow’s 8K content.
MX180 Highlighted Features:
- Supports 8K/60 Hz and 4K/120 Hz on all 7 Ultra-High-Speed HDMI ports (5 inputs and 2 outputs)
- Each HDMI port supports HDCP 2.3, 4:4:4 Color, Rec. 2020, Dynamic Lip-sync, and 3D Video pass-through, as well as enhanced features Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), Quick Media Switching (QMS), and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
- Supports numerous high dynamic range formats, including HDR (static HDR), Dynamic HDR, HDR10+, HLG, and Dolby Vision (including low latency)
- Includes 16 balanced audio outputs for popular 15.1 or 9.1.6 surround sound speaker configurations among others
- Compatible with leading 3D surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro, and Auro-3D
- The 2 HDMI outputs can simultaneously output one source material to two separate screens, or can output different content from two different sources to two separate screens
- One HDMI output that features both Audio Return Channel (ARC) and Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) functionality
- Comes with RoomPerfect room correction technology to measure and adjust the audio output to compensate for the specific acoustic properties for the space
- Includes a variety of digital and analog inputs and outputs including a Moving Magnet phono input
The MX180 features some of the latest analog to digital convertor technology to maximize the audio quality of analog sources. Bass and treble controls offer further audio fine-tuning. The MX180 also has a two-channel Zone B output to send audio to a second zone in the house.
The MX180 utilizes the latest technological advancements in processing power to run cooler than previous McIntosh home theater processors and has a simplified setup program that allows for customization and optimization based on specific home theater and speaker needs. It comes with the McIntosh design of a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, and custom aluminum end caps.
Pricing and Availability
Orders for the MX180 can now be placed with Authorized McIntosh dealers. Shipping is expected to begin in February 2022 to the United States and Canada, and to the rest of the world shortly thereafter. Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to current standards of individual countries are excluded): $17,000 USD.
For more information, visit www.mcintoshlabs.com